HOW TO CREATE A COMPANY PROFILE: TIPS & TRICKS
Before we answer that question, let’s first understand “What is a company profile?”
A company profile or a corporate profile is the formal description of your business that is written, designed and presented in a manner that can explain to the reader important information about your company. Just as you have a social profile on the social media platforms, the organization profile is more focused on a formal presentation of your company whether it is on a website or in the form of a document or even in the form of a video. It is made to present information like your products, services, vision, mission, key personnel, address, contact info, what the company does, how it does that, company’s growth since inception and much more.
Your corporate profile is the foremost thing that people are keen to see to make their first impression of how good or bad your company is. The 'about us' section on most websites or your company’s page on Facebook or LinkedIn or Twitter etc. tries to explain this in detail. Even though this profile is meant to cover all the important aspects of the business, it should be formed creatively. When on one hand, too much information can always turn things boring, a short profile with too little info can leave the reader or viewer disengaged. Quite a few companies don’t pay enough attention to such an important part of their public image, and some don't find it necessary. The importance of a business profile can’t be stressed enough.
Company Profile: How to Create One?
Think of it as your company’s resume. Capture all the crucial information about your company like a proper introduction, history, products, services, strengths, vision, mission, values. You can use some infographics, graphs, charts to present data in an easy to understand format. Framing a Company profile can be a difficult task regardless of how you look at it. One way could be to go overboard by writing pages and pages of text and adding anything and everything that comes to your mind. The better way, though, is to take enough time to plan and visualize what should be covered, how it should be covered, the length of the document you want and the kind of visual elements you should use. Make notes and discuss the strategy with someone you can trust. Visualize it from the perspective of your readers which can often be your clients.
Now, let’s go step by step as to what forms an integral part of your company profile.
1. INTRODUCTION - Begin your company profile with an intro to your firm. Make sure the information provided in the introduction is up to date. Important points that are to be presented in it-
· Company name
· Established date
· Director/s or Partners or Proprietor
· Other important personnel
· Company Vision (Vision Statement)
· Company Mission
· Company Culture
2. INFORMATION ABOUT THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES - This section is very important as it needs to intrigue and connect with your client and make them need to peruse on. This section clarifies to your potential clients that you offer products and services that they are looking for. If you miss any of these important points there are high chances of your profile to turn them off and you will probably lose them before they even meet you. Below listed points will be handy when you start writing this section (maybe different depending on your business type. Some may not apply to your corporate profile):
· Description of your product/service
· Industry information
3. HIGHLIGHTS, ACHIEVEMENTS, AWARDS - It’s always great to highlight your achievements, as it’s the milestones that you have achieved with your hard work and it is also the reward of your status today in the industry. Noted below are some points that you should never forget to add to your corporate profile.
· Special programs and projects
· News or media recognition
4. CONTACT INFORMATION - Make sure your contact info like your official email, phone number, fax, physical address etc. is captured clearly as this is how any outsider can reach out to you regarding connecting with you professionally or for joining your team.
Photo by Benjamin Child
Other things to remember when creating a perfect company profile
1. Narrate your history - It’s always interesting to know the initial ideation and hustle that you went through in building your business. It always catches the attention of the reader about how your company came into existence. No matter how old your institution is, you will always have a story to narrate behind its existence. Briefing your history will highlight your origin and the roots from where you are bound.
2. Showcase your employee/s - Your employees always have a lot to say about you, and they humanize the insights of your business. So, having them in your profile, and giving them a decent space tells how much you value your people. It will always have a positive impact on the exterior. Adding it will give positive vibes about your company through the profile.
3. Mention client testimonials - Reviews are what your clients or the people who have interacted with your business think about your company. Adding them will make your profile stronger in terms of building trust. It is an important aspect to have.
4. Some trivia can also help strike a chord with the reader like how you came up with your venture's name, how you decided to start the business and what inspired you and so on. People love getting internal impressions. It resembles being welcomed in the company.
5. How you do what you do is significant at times if you have an interesting process you are comfortable sharing with the world. Here is the place where your audience can check whether what you offer and the qualities you pronounce have a match, as well.
6. A summary can always put the reader at ease, the one who doesn’t want to read the entire thing. You may even choose to show your gratitude towards your employees, partners, clients etc.
Company Profile – Do’s and don’ts
A Professional company portfolio is highly capable of building your company’s image. So, it is very important to make it as effective as possible. And to resonate with your clients there are some dos and don’ts that you need to take care of-
· The language should always be easy to understand and precise so that the message is clear to the client.
· Make the profile highly informative, to gain the interest of your audience.
· State clearly what you stand for as in, your vision & mission statement and the company values.
· Also add your core values and goals that are to be achieved.
· Always proofread your it before publishing as the profile should be correct when it comes to grammar, spellings and punctuation.
· Always take time while forming your business portfolio. With extensive research and studying the industry make sure to make your profile with the best viewpoint.
· Have a call-to-action segment in the profile to get the reader to take some action that is favourable to you like putting a ‘Talk to us now’ button.
· Don’t make the profile fictitious; it should be in factual form and also imparting detailed information to the client.
· Elongated content is a big no. Try and have important key points, with the shortened briefing. Keep it concise.
· You can always get inspired by your competitor but copying them will never let you succeed. Avoid creating a profile similar to your rivals in the industry.
Key Features of a Company Profile
Some important aspects that you should never forget to include in your corporate profile-
- Consider your client’s perspective : You should have complete knowledge about your client to make this profile highly engaging by addressing their needs.
- Consider all possibilities : Clearly defining your future goals and objectives in your profile states that you have a plan. This is an important aspect that you should include in your company profile and helps in giving a clear insight to the stakeholders.
- Visually and aesthetically appealing : Your corporate profile is just like your resume and it should be visually appealing to attract the attention of your clients. Give them as much as you can to let them know you better. And always specify your commitments to society, your employees as well as your stakeholders.
- Encouraging and reassuring the clients : The profile should act as a commitment, a motivation that will encourage your clients to work with you and make future deals easy.
The importance of company profile for brand development
Building a business profile is similar to making a corporate identity and also analyzing your competitive differentiation in the industry. The main reason for this is that it builds up a business or a brand's strong presence to acquire expected possibilities and customers. The importance of having a professional company profile is listed below:
- It is significant because it increases the possibility of getting more business.
- It encourages expected clients to think about the company if they are searching for a particular item or administration.
- It can be a guide for a company's development and keep it thriving.
- It gives an overall thought regarding all its factual data like qualities, target clients, and a lot more.
Benefits of using a professional for writing a company profile
A professionally written business profile will always highlight your company's details in the best possible way, seeing the industry that your business is associated with. Crafting content that is highly informative and capable of convincing for your clientele, is what CV Guys can offer your company. Our writers have the expertise to craft a stellar corporate profile for you that persuades your potential customers to do business with you.
We have a specialist team of writers who have obtained thorough training. Our writers have been writing corporate profiles for a while now. We thus reassure you of multiple benefits.
Some of the notable benefits that we offer are:
1. Engaging profile creation: We gain a deeper understanding of your business and understand your business model, your competencies and your strengths which are highlighted appropriately in the profile. After going through a company profile, your audience would build a natural affinity towards your business. We take all possible steps to write the profiles which engage every reader.
2. Conveying your message unambiguously: Your professional profile must convey a clear message to describe the nature of your company's operations. Our writers ensure that the profile they write is reader-friendly and easily understood. The writers ensure the selection of appropriate words and the key phrases in profiles which are indeed essential to speak volumes about what you are good at. In addition to that, our writers always adopt writing styles and graphic elements that are easy to comprehend.
3. Creating a solid first impression: We make sure that the company profiles that we prepare are capable to send positive vibes to potential and existing clients. They always aim at turning your profile into the ultimate tool of communication.
What do customers say about our services?
Our customers, that include a wide range of companies, have always preferred us to write their company profiles. They have shown trust in us time and again and we never fail to impress them.
Need our help in making your Company Profile?
Just contact us!
"I HIRED CV GUYS TO CREATE MY COMPANY PROFILE AND IT TURNED OUT TO BE A GREAT DECISION. YOUR TEAM MANAGED IT VERY WELL."
“I HAVE USED YOUR SERVICES AND AM VERY CONTENT WITH IT. NO REQUIREMENT FOR ANY RECTIFICATIONS OR CHANGES. IT WAS JUST FLAWLESS. YOU GUYS HAVE WORKED EFFECTIVELY."
How does the CV / resume writing and designing process work?Once you’ve made the payment for the service, our representative will reach out to you within 24 hours. Meanwhile, we request you to get some information handy, like your education, work history, work specialization, list of skills, awards, achievements, any special instructions you have or even a small description of your idea of a perfect resume. We request you to share as much relevant information as possible. A CV Guys representative will help you along the process and will try to make this a seamless experience. Once he / she has captured all the necessary information, the design process will start, which generally entails professional editing for typographical errors, wording and grammar, formation of sentences and consistency of content. The representative will offer suggestions to enhance the CV / resume in every possible manner. This may require re-wording where necessary so as to ensure that the hiring managers absolutely fall in love with your CV. A simplified flow of this process is explained on our 'How it works' page Get started now!
Does cvguys.in offer resume / CV writing services?Absolutely. Please check out our Pricing page for more info. Or contact us today!
Does cvguys.in offer cover letter writing services?Yes we do. Please check out the Pricing page for more info.
Do you take a final approval from me before finalizing my CV / resume?Absolutely.
Will I be dealing with a person once I decide to go ahead with the service?Yes. Our representative will be in touch with you throughout the exercise.
When is the resume / CV writing and design process considered complete?Once you have confirmed to us that you are fully satisfied with the results, we consider the process completed. In those cases where we don’t hear from you for 7 consecutive days, we typically consider the process closed.
What if I ended up paying for the wrong plan / service?Don’t worry. If you happened to select the wrong package, we will notify and help you further.
How many revisions / iterations are allowed?We produce the resumes which are typically finalized within 1-2 revisions. However, at no extra cost, you can get up to 3 revisions to get your perfect CV. Please note though, that if you request changes after the delivery process is completed, you may have to pay certain charges for further modifications.
Which format will I get the CV / Resume / Cover letter in?The cover letters are delivered in MS word format while the resumes are delivered in PDF format.
Do I get a hard copy of my final CV / Resume / Cover letter?We share only high resolution soft copies of your files once they are finalized which you can print using a good printer to get the best results.
How long does it take to get the first draft and then the final version?The usual timelines are described against each product or service on our Pricing page. Please note that during times of unusual workloads, the timeline may need to be extended a little.
Can I get my CV / resume / cover letter faster?Depending on the workload of our team, we can try to deliver the resume sooner than the usual timelines. Please discuss this with our representative.
Can I choose custom fonts and background colours for my CV?Yes, you can choose any font from the list of fonts we use. The changes should be in line with our terms and conditions.
How many themes can I choose?Before moving on to the content part, we share multiple themes with you. Once you find the one theme you like the most, we start working on the content part and deliver your perfect resume. Additional themes can be arranged for a fraction of the price of a resume.
How do manage the sections of the content?Our design experts know exactly where your unique content will be best placed. However, if you're not happy with the placement of the sections in the initial design, you can simply let us know so we can customize it for you in the next version.
How do you manage excessive text as I need to cover a lot of information on my resume?Worry not as our team of expert CV designers can handle too much or too little information and yet come up with beautifully designed CVs.
Does the final CV / Resume look exactly like the ones shown on cvguys.in?The designs shown on the website give you a fair idea of how your final resume will look like. In most cases, your final resume will exceed your expectations as we set very high benchmarks for ourselves and each resume is given the importance it deserves. We do advise you to use a good printer and high-quality paper to match the quality of designs as a poor printer and paper can sabotage all the effort in the blink of an eye.
How much does cvguys.in charge for Infographic / Visual CV writing and designing?As the price depends on the years of work experience you have, we request you to check out the ‘Pricing’ page and choose a combination that suits you best.
How much does cvguys.in charge for the Text resume writing and design service?As the price depends on the years of work experience you have, we request you to check out the ‘Pricing’ page and choose a combination that suits you best.
How much does cvguys.in charge for the Cover letter writing service?As the price depends on the years of work experience you have, we request you to check out the ‘Pricing’ page and choose a combination that suits you best.
How much does cvguys.in charge for the LinkedIn profile service?
How much does cvguys.in charge for the Personal website / Bio service?
What if I don’t like the results?There are two major elements to the CV / resume - the content and the design . We work on both till the time you are 100% satisfied. Unlike working in silos, our standard process ensures that our team works with you very closely to ensure that the various revisions are moving slowly but surely towards a common goal i.e. a fantastic CV.
Can I get a refund if I'm not satisfied for any reason?We work relentlessly to deliver the desired results to every our customers. Please refer the terms and conditions for more information on this.
What’s the difference between a CV and a resume?A CV (Curriculum Vitæ) is, relatively, a more detailed document when compared with a resume. While the resume is a more concise document essentially capturing your career, education and some basic info, the CV, which can run into two or more pages, would generally list more detail about you, like - your accomplishments, awards, achievements, publications and even a much greater detail about the responsibilities handled in your previous roles. The usage of the terms CV and Resume, however varies from one country to another. While these terms are used interchangeably in India, Australia and South Africa, CV is used mostly in the UK and New Zealand. In the US and Canada, resume is the first choice.
What’s the difference between a CV and a Cover letter?While your CV is intended to provide the hiring manager with the details of your past employment, education, achievements, awards and accomplishments, the cover letter is intended to explain to the hiring manager why you are a great fit for the role they are hiring for. In other words, the CV details the facts about you while the cover letter compliments the CV by persuading the hiring manager that you are not only qualified for the job but also a great fit for it.
What’s the difference between Text CVs, Visual CVs and Infographic CVs?"As the name suggests, a Text resume / CV would essentially be textual in nature. On the other hand the Visual and infographic CVs essentially have a visual component to it in the form of charts, graphs, timelines and more.
Do the recruiters prefer Text CVs over Visual / Infographic CVs?While both have their own benefits, the recruiters find the visual / infographic CVs more easily readable as they are able to capture the most important information / highlights in much less time. The text resumes, on the other hand, are considered more ATS (Applicant tracking system) friendly. But, that doesn’t mean the visual resumes are not ATS friendly. Both, visual and text resumes have their own pros and cons. You should choose which one is right for you depending on your designation, role, industry, function and similar factors. Talk to our experts to find out which one is best for you.
What is an ATS or Applicant Tracking System?As the recruiters around the world are having to deal with heaps of resumes everyday, an ATS (Applicant Tracking System) helps them automate a lot of recurring activities. It helps them with conducting a preliminary analysis of a candidate’s profile, ranking candidates, aggregation of data, automating responses, interview reminders and alerts and a lot more.