RESUME WRITING SERVICES
ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ABOUT RESUME WRITING SERVICES
here's what our customers say
Creating a Professional Resume Made Easy
A resume is a formal document that aids in indicating a job applicant's career background, qualifications as well as all the essential skills possessed by him. It is also known as a CV or Curriculum Vitae. A resume is almost always accompanied by a personalized cover letter in which the candidate indicates interest in a particular job or organization and highlights the most important details on the resume.
For applicants to office positions, a resume is nearly always necessary. Corporate recruiters and hiring managers use them as the initial step in identifying individuals who might be invited to an interview for a post. Successful resumes include particular achievements made by applicants in previous roles, such as cost-cutting, exceeding sales targets, boosting revenues, and expanding teams.
A resume's objective is to introduce you to potential employers, present your qualifications, and gain an interview. The purpose of a resume is to present your work experience, education, and talents in a standardized manner that recruiters can easily understand.
A good resume should be crisp and short but still, be able to convey your worth. Hence, it should be no longer than one page. It can be two pages long, depending on your experience, but that is generally the upper limit in terms of the length of a resume.
Technical things to include while creating a professional resume are: -
1. Contact Information- Your name, phone number, and email address, as well as any relevant social network accounts, such as your LinkedIn profile, are all required. Leave your address off your CV in most circumstances.
2. Work Experience- The most essential part of any job application is your work experience. It's where you go over your work history. This part includes your job titles, business names, responsibilities, and years employed.
3. Education- Include your school names, degrees, majors/minors, and, if applicable, your GPA and related coursework.
4. Skills- Abilities that may be valuable to a potential employer and a well-written essential abilities section can increase your chances of landing a new job. Both soft and hard talents should be included.
While creating a professional resume, the following must be kept in mind to make it as professional and crisp as possible: -
1. Create a summary that stands out. Four aspects make a stand-out summary.
a) The job title that you are seeking. Example- Senior Manager, Accountant, etc.
b) Skills or tagline. Use at least three.
c) A brief paragraph that talks in detail about what you do, how you are and how you can add value to the firm.
d) The core competency section. These are keywords or keyword phrases that tell the employer more about your expertise.
2. Add job description paragraph- Add one or two lines below the job title and company name explaining your job profile or your main responsibilities.
3. Add accomplishment driven bullet points- These points become the backbone of your resume as they tell the hiring individuals about your greatest achievements.
4. Make your resume ATS-optimized- ATS stands for Applicant Tracking System which is a system that firms use to send your resume through to check if you are a good match for the job position. To make it ATS-optimized, one needs to use keywords and keyword phrases exactly from the job posting.
5. Format it for better visibility- Keep it clean, sophisticated and crisp and get rid of all the redundancies like unnecessary boxes, graphs, etc. Only include the data required. Do not get too creative with the design and layout because your employer should be able to find whatever it is, they’re looking for in the exact place they expect it to be.
How much do Resume Writers charge?
It depends on multiple variables like your country, the job title you hold, the resume writer's niche and experience, if writer is a freelancer or a part of an agency offering a multitude of services and so on.
There's an immense variation between the prices of wannabe resume writers and the ones that are more 'crème de la crème'. This doesn’t mean the less-experienced resume writers are not good. You just need to find the right one. With that said, there’s no guarantee that the one charging a higher fee will make the resume you'll be super proud of. You'll find a ton of resume making websites on search engines who do CV writing for job applications.
Another factor is the level of seniority of your profile. Higher your job title, higher the fee. The cost of resume writing for a C-level position is considerably higher than that for an entry-level executive, in general.
As for countries, if you are in India, the prices range anywhere between ₹1000-6000 for resume writing services. And if you are in the USA, expect to spend between $100-500. The famous ones charge well into the thousands. Similarly, if you are on the other side of the Atlantic, the UK that is, you are looking at anything between £50-300.
Should I go for professional resume making?
Writing a CV for yourself is a tedious job. It can be boring, confusing and time-consuming. This is where a resume writer can help. The money you spend on professional resume making is more like an investment than an expenditure. Having a well-written resume can help you get an edge in the era of computer screened resumes. It is important to make sure that your resume reflects upon your unique skills and experiences and emphasizes why you should be hired for the job but they also need to stand out for both humans and computers.
This is where CV Guys can step in and help you. We have experienced writers and career experts who spend hours researching different resumes and identifying the ones that work the best for which type of job. We stay in constant touch with multiple recruiters and hiring managers to learn what makes a resume stand out for a dream job. We also compare dozens of professional resumes on a day-to-day basis to make sure that we give you the best services. Since we specialize in professional resume making, we ensure you get enough value from the money you spend. For those who don't like a la carte services, we also make cover letters and optimize LinkedIn profiles as part of the combo package. Now, when you take the risk of making your own resume, you miss out on all these advantages and your success rates for getting a call for an interview decrease.
Even though writing your resume sounds like a more economical option, it doesn't give you the desired results. So, as they say, let the experts handle it.
Which is the best Resume Writing Service?
The best resume writing services, ‘CVGUYS.IN’ offers services ranging from resume writing, LinkedIn revamp, cover letter writing, interview guidance and more.
For resume writing services in India, the prices vary from ₹1200-6000.
For international customers, the charges range between $39-122. The charges depend on the level of experience. Being the best best professional resume writer service, we are known for quality content, competitive pricing, creative design and 100% money back guarantee.
Is hiring a resume writing service worth it?
Your decision depends on the value you perceive of the service. If you believe ‘Time is money’ and you can use the time saved to better use, you must go for it. On the contrary, if you have the will AND the skill to draft an excellent resume, you shouldn't hire a resume writer.
If you are planning to write your own resume, please check out this article on ‘Top 10 common mistakes to avoid while writing a resume’.
If you are searching for some excellent resume examples, CV samples or cover letter formats, click here.
So the bottom line is that you should go for a resume writing service if you think that a good resume will help you land a better job and hence the resume pays for itself.
Creating a letter for job application with resume – better known as the Cover Letter.
A letter for a job application with a resume (cover letter) is a document sent alongside your CV when applying for jobs. It tells your story, acts as a personal introduction and helps sell your application. A cover letter is important as it gives you the chance to explain to your employer why you’re the best candidate for the job.
A cover letter includes a relevant set of skills and experience; therefore, you need to write a new cover letter depending on the position you’re applying for.
A cover should be short and crisp, no more than one page long and it should have three to five short paragraphs. A resume should always have a cover letter unless the job adverts advise you otherwise.
Your cover letter should include: -
● body paragraph(s)
● closing paragraph
It is advised that the candidates be straightforward and honest about their skills and experiences. You can talk about what you’ve learnt over the years and how that will help you work in the particular position you’re applying for.
The person reading your letter for the job application with a resume will form an impression of you by reading your cover letter.
A resume and cover letter are your marketing tools to help you sell your set of skills and expertise in a field. There are multiple ways to write a good covering letter and they are all available on the internet or in grammar books, each letter will have a different writing style and content. The cover letter you write must be the one that covers all your requirements.
It is mostly after reading your cover letter and resume that you are called for an interview. So, to get a call for an interview it is important to form a good impression on the person reading your resume. Your resume is your marketing brochure and your cover letter is your introduction to your resume.
You need to make sure that your cover letter has no spelling or punctuation errors. The content of your cover letter should be complementary to your resume but not the exact copy. And lastly, it is important to make sure that your cover letter is professional and reflective of the job description.
How to create a simple cover letter for a resume?
One of the most challenging parts of the job application process is to write a cover letter. A cover letter is a single-page letter that should essentially be a part of any job application. It is attached with the resume to provide additional information about your skills and experience and is a personal touch in your job application. The cover letter is your first introduction to the person who may hire you. The purpose of the cover letter is to expand on the things in your resume and to reflect your personality to the recruiters. A well-crafted cover letter should have an introduction, provide context for your achievements and qualifications, and explain your motivation for joining the company. To create a simple cover letter for your resume the follow the steps given below:
- Use simple language and uncomplicated sentence structure.
- Keep the cover letter short and precise.
- Include skills and experiences that directly relate to the job posting.
- To make a strong impression, take time to research who you’re addressing, and address the recruiter by name.
- Grab the employer’s attention by using a unique opening line.
- Emphasize why you're interested in this position, and why you are passionate to work in their company.
- Use a template to make your cover letter eye-catching.
- Always proofread your cover letter, and ask your friends and family to point out any mistakes. Avoid typos and grammatical mistakes at all costs.
- Just don’t paraphrase everything on your resume, go beyond it.
- Write about your personality, work ethics, and things that make you special and distinct from your competitors.
- Be professional and mature, don’t go overboard with flattery and humor.
The structure of a simple cover letter for a resume is:
Heading- Your name, phone number, email address, date, name of the hiring manager and name and address of the company
Salutation (Pro tip use the hiring managers name to leave an impact)
Opening paragraph- highlight your achievements and get the recruiters hooked.
Second paragraph- tell them why you’re the perfect fit for the company, tell them why you’re the one that they’re looking for and how your skills and experience resonate with the needs of the company.
Third paragraph- explain how this role is a perfect fit for you. Show them why you want this particular job and not any job.
Closing paragraph- add a proper Call to action, remember to not come off as too clingy.